Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dear God,

Last year has been one of the roughest years i've ever lived in my whole 22 years of living ever. It is unfortunate that people like myself only realize things when bad things happen but i knew that one day I'd have to prepare myself for a personal revelation.

This lent I do not want to give up something that is simple and incomparable to the life that jesus sacrificed.

For lent i will be giving up the grudges, ill will and negative thoughts i have for any enemy i may have or for people that i don't even know. we are all so quick to judge and i am going to change that about myself. i have kept this point of view since birth but i feel that that part of me has slipped many times.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:38-39)...Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. (Matthew 5:38-44)


only you can teach me to learn to love my enemies and bless those that curse me because they know not what they do.



mass is at 8:30 am.
good night.

No comments: